Holiday Stress-Busting Series with Aurel: Arms, Hands, and Zills
Welcome to three delicious weeks on one delicious topic. Arms, hands, and finger cymbals, very rich topics routinely neglected, deserve a deep winter exploration. Come for a tuneup, some inspiration, and to melt the holiday hustle bustle away as you enjoy: Focused and extensive finger cymbal drills (including requested, beledi, chiftitelli, karshlima, and zeffe rhythm patterns with handouts)
- Conditioning exercises for bicep/tricep/back
- Classic Oriental arm frames for broadcasting your favorite moves
- Postmodern Egyptian arm and hand embellishments
- Templates and Transitions
- Nitty gritty hand-wrist articulation options (luscious wrist circles, wrist 8’s, 2 kinds of hand undulations, hand circles, and 3 classic hand postures)
- Votive-lit-Vintage featuring belly dance favorites (can you say the Lotus? The Taj Mahal? the Incense Burner? And more!)
- Non-verbal flow exercises where arms and hands express and highlight your unique essence, story, favorite moves, and intention.
Bring a mat if you have one. We have mats at the studio as well.
Tuesday nights, Dec 4, 11, 18. 6:30-8:30pm